Free Quote

Building Disputes

A complaint under the Building Services (Complaint Resolution and Administration) Act 2011 can be made by any person who is adversely affected by the carrying out of regulated building services.

A person who has directly contracted a building service may lodge a complaint, and any person adversely affected by that building service. This may also include a neighbour whose property has been damaged as a result of unsatisfactory building services or some other third party.

There are time limits for lodging complaints with The Building Commission. Legislation provides for a 6 year warranty period from the day of Practical Completion for faulty and unsatisfactory building work that was undertaken by the builder. This warranty covers the duration of the building, regardless of subsequent owners.

This is not only a warranty covering the structural elements of the building but the warranty also covers below standard building work and materials.

Home owners should be aware that not all faults are directly related to the builder. There are many items that may fall under the scope of home owners maintenance and normal wear and tear.

The Building Commission remains impartial when dealing with a building service or home building work contract complaint, with decisions being made having regard to the evidence presented by the parties, therefore it is crucial to have a report that covers the complaint in detail and in the correct format.

Perth Home Building Inspections will carry out an independent thorough inspection report addressing the complaints listed by the client (complainant) and present a detailed report that the client can lodge with The West Australian Building Commission.

These Items Occurred Within The 6 Year Defect Warranty Period

Building Defects Report Perth
A major sag in a roof hip
Building Defects Report Perth
Rising damp, due to no DPC during construction

An excessive crack in the brickwork

Rusting due to incorrect coating on a T-bar lintel

We provide building defects reports throughout Perth, including Joondalup, Wanneroo, Currambine, Ocean Reef, Connolly, Heathridge, Mullaloo, Craigie, Woodvale, Ocean Reef, Two Rocks, Yanchep and Butler.

» Click here to contact us for more information about a building defects report in Perth.